Why would I need such an awesome getup? Here's why. I started my graduate research last week on Thursday. I went down to Aurora Organic Dairy and took all my baseline measurements. They were really great actually. I don't have any problems with anyone not wanting me there or for me being in the way most of the time. I can't share pics of the dairy because it is confidential, but I was dressed to impressed with my galoshes. After I got all my measurements I had to directly go to class. And guess what...I smelled bad!
I feel like that should have been on my not-me-monday, about how I lived the rest of the day with a sweatshirt and galoshes in the back of my car covered in cow poopie and I smelled like a cow. I don't know how the person in class sat behind me. It kind of made me wish I had chosen a less smelly research project. But I enjoyed what I did. And I think I will enjoy it even more when we do actually sampling.
I am trying to decide if I want to go to Vegas in May with my sister. Right now i really want to go, but that is a crazy busy time and I would have to leave Michael alone for four days. Not to mention the cost of hotel and airfare. I do really want to go though, that is the hangup.
Since it is the end of February, I am frantically working on scholarship applications too. For some reason everyone makes the deadlines March 1st. Hopefully they all turn out good and I get some funds! It would be nice since we will both be in school next year!
I'm also getting ready for my mom, brother, and sister who will be coming up to stay the weekend with us. It is my little brother Daniel's 11th bday. He wants to play laser tag with Mike, which I think is super cute. But I am going to make him a cake and decorate for him too.
And lastly, this was the discussion of last evening. Tell me what you think. Michael came home and told me that donuts were healthier than bagels or just the fact that bagels are not part of a health breakfast (gasp!). Of course, 1st instinct is "NO WAY." But we just googled it and found some interesting comments. Think about it, google it, research it, and let me know the verdict.
Have a great rest of your wednesday! Hump day! Yay! Week half over day! Family almost here day!
No comments:
Post a Comment