Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Fun!

Mike and I had an awesome weekend! Positively the best! We got to see family, eat good food, and celebrate a birthday. My little brother Daniel turned 11! My mom got up here around 12:30pm on Friday and had lunch with me at the house. I had decorated the house to surprise him. I love how little things like that mean so much to a kid! I had class in the afternoon and when I got done I made a great dinner and then we got out the dirt cake and did all the birthday festivities.

We were all having a really hard time lighting the candles.


Then Daniel opened his presents. I had gotten him a knife/multitool and a compass. He is a boy scout and loves that kind of outdoor stuff.

He and my sister recently got a wii so Daniel was excited to get two more games from Jamie

I was so thankful to be able to see my family again! Saturday morning Mike made some amazing french toast and then I took Daniel and Hannah to the Little Shop of Physics open house at CSU. Daniel had a blast! He loves the engineering physices kind of stuff but Hannah wasn't quite old enough to understand it. Saturday night was Daniel's night. He had asked my mom if we could go to Fort Fun and play laser tag. My mom invited some old friends of Daniel and Hannah from Longmont to come, but they ended up just meeting us for dinner afterwards. Fort Fun is like a chuckie cheese's, without the food and geared more toward older kids. They have go-carts, arcade games, laser tag, mini golf. Let me tell you, it is humbling getting your butt kicked by little elementary school boys in laser tag! They had a dance, dance, revolution machine that we all tried to do, but all failed miserably.


Those are horrible pics, I know. I really need to get better at taking pictures of my life and events that happen. Especially before I have kids or I won't have any pics of them!

After Fort Fun, we went to a chinese restaurant for dinner, Daniel's choice. I kind of helped the choice by picking a chinese restaurant with sushi. Ahhh, I love sushi!

Sunday morning I learned that the term "kid in a candy store" also applies to "kid in a donut store." We went to Lamar's donuts for breakfast and I've never seen so many kids go crazy picking out donuts. It was quite the experience filled with small temper tantrums but it was funny to watch each parent that came in with a child go through the same thing. My mom went home after church. It was sad to see them leave, but hopefully I'll get to go up and visit them soon. My parents have milk goats and they all just had babies so I really want to go see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment