Monday, June 21, 2010

week in Westcliffe-creeks, sunsets,& fires

The day before we left, Mike and I made the hike down to the creek again by my house. We couldn't believe how warm the water was. I really wished I had worn a swimsuit. I did see a snake though, that freaked me out and i was less inclined to stay in the water.
My handsome hubby.
The rocks were kind of sharp and hurt our feet, it was hard to navigate in the creek due to that.
Just chilling on some rocks. It was nice to have just the two of us for a bit to chat and hang out. Plus it was so beautiful!
Me by one of the mine shafts you see on the way down to the creek.
That night after we got back from the creek, my parents had a fire in the firepit for us so we could roast marshmallows and just hang by the fire. We are such pyros.

My fam! Minus my dad, he was on his way out. Poor daniel is really uncomfortable due to his chicken pox.


We kept the little pups locked up so they didn't get burned, they were a little sad.
the beautiful sunset we got to see as we sat by the fire. I miss Westcliffe summers!


Mike by the fire, he was in shorts and a shirt and had to keep scooting closer cuz he was getting cold.

And the finale! SMORES! Yum!
Friday morning i made homemade, fresh ground whole wheat blueberry pancakes. They were pretty scrumptious if I do say so myself!
Before we left, my mom came back from town with a surprise for me. she knows my favortie pie is strawberry rhubarb and she picked up a fresh backed one from the mennonite bakery in town! It was delicious.
It was such a great time! I love my family and love visiting them. Can't wait for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment