This past weekend was so amazing! It was the best! It helps that it was our 1st anniversary! Technically our anniversary was on Sunday, but we started Saturday night. Michael came from home from work with a bottle of wine, strawberries to make chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of wine!
Our plan was to go out to dinner on Saturday night together, then on Sunday, after a full day of fun we were going to cook a meal together at home. We got all dressed up and went to an Italian restaurant called Dominic's. I've been on an italian kick lately.
Some pre-dinner pics.On our way to estes in the am we witnessed a road bike race (we kind of got stuck in it and had to wait) and stopped in a little town called Glenhaven for probably the best cinnamon roll ever!

The drive from Glenhaven to estes is gorgeous!

We did a really long hike. It totaled around 15 miles and our legs were beat by the end! We got rained on too, but it was a great, gorgeous time! We got to hike by 3 waterfalls to a lake in Estes. here is a nice photo montage of our hike.







Both our legs hurt so bad! We were ready to go home and sit! We went to Whole Foods before we went home and got stuff for dinner. We made a fancy dinner! We got fresh salmon to cook on a cedar plank and made salad with olives and the tomato slices with fresh mozzarella on them for appetizers. I also made some homemade foccasia(spell?) bread. I was so tired that I forgot the egg in the bread. It still turned out great though!


I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary than being able to spend so much time together like that! One year down of many! I love you Michael!

The drive from Glenhaven to estes is gorgeous!




No comments:
Post a Comment