Monday, July 5, 2010

Kansas Journey

Michael and i left on Tuesday night at 7pm to head to Kansas to visit Sutton and family. Mike took these pictures of some lilies that we have growing out on the patio before we left. It is kind of a funny story. We wanted to plant some veggies in the dirt bed by the house. As we were tilling it up and pulling out weeds, Mike kept pulling out these "weeds" that had bulbs on the end. thinking that they may be some kind of flower since they had bulbs, he put them all in this one pot, and now that pot is the most beautiful one we have. We can't seem to get anything else to grow, but we can grow lilies apparently. There were some red ones in there too this morning when I looked outside.

Anyway, we left at 7pm, stopped by the jewelry store to size mike's new ring, and were off. Even amidst coffee and energy drinks, by about 1am we were crashing hard, and still had over 2hrs to go. We kept ourselves awake to the black-eyed peas and chatting about the Europe trip we are going to do this winter (fingers crossed!).

We finally got in at 3:30am, crashed into bed and awoke at 11:30am. Just in time to have lunch with Mike's parents. Mike is still on his training schedule so we had brought the road bikes to get some exercise. After lunch we headed out for a three hour ride...of doom. for me anyway. I let myself get too tired and stopped paying attention and let's just say, I got very intimate with the asphalt. It was a bad relationship that left me with many wounds. Enough with the silliness, I got worked. It was only my right side though, so I tried to put my left side in all the photos. I can't believe I'm that stupid that I wrecked again. I think God crossed some wires in my head when he was working on my brain. That wreck made the rest of the trip a little hard, but i was still happy to be there. I didn't put any photos because the road rash is a little gruesome, but I'm going to be okay, just very sore and banged up. Back to more fun things!

We had some great sweet corn while we were there! So delicious!

And best part was we got to go see Sutton two days in a row. My arm looks kind of weird in this picture because I have it tucked behind me and it was just hanging at that point, I couldn't really use it. But Sutton is adorable. He slept both times while we were there. So i'm not sure what color his eyes are, but he is so cute!
Mike even held him. I'm sad that I don't know when we will get to see him again. Gina is great at taking pictures (unlike a certain someone who writes this blog) so I'm sure his growing up will be well documented. I can't wait until we get to see him again though.
And just like that, our trip was over. We did have a run in with the police. They caught me red-handed lighting off fireworks in the street. Mike and his parents just stood there as they handcuffed me and took me to the station...some kind loving family, huh. Just kidding. The cop told us to stop and that we weren't allowed to shoot them off til the fourth. Go figure. That was our whirlwind trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment