Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom


It is my Mommy's birthday today. She is a stunning 29 years old! :-) It's amazing, she never ages! I love her dearly and here are some of my many things I think of or remember when I think about my mom.

1) When I was little, she would cut the corn off the cob for me to eat because I didn't like it to get stuck in my teeth.


2) I knew my mom would come to all the plays I was in at school.


3) She came to all my band concerts too, as well as coming up to CSU for my Honor's thesis defense and presentation.


4) I told her not to come when I broke my elbow, but she came up anyway to take care of me.


5) When I graduated from high school, as sort of a senior trip, my mom and I went to Wisconson for my Uncle's wedding, just the two of us. We shopped, and went out to eat, and were able to hang out together. I remember that trip a lot and just being able to spend time with my mommy.


6) She would play board games with me and my sister most of the time we asked her to, she really liked yahtzee.


7) When I was in middle school, I was a problem kid, and my mom just helped me navigate through the pre and early teen years, she did great.


8) We went camping (me, my mom, daniel and hannah) at the Sand Dunes one summer. I remember having so much fun at the dunes and hiking to Zapata falls.


9) My mom always forgets something, and it is endearing, I just get to say "oh mom" and laugh.


10) She loves angel food candy. Whenever I am in a candy or chocolate store, I try to find some for her.


11) She loves the color green.


12) She is a beautiful singer. She sang choir in high school and I remember listening to one of her old records once and thinking she was so awesome! She also sang one year in a Christmas choral. I got to be like, "yep, thats my mom, the good singer up there."


13) She has amazing intuition. She has sensed or felt stuff so much that has come true, I hated it at first but now I listen to her.


14) When she picked me up at day care when I was little, she was always in her business clothes from work and i thought my mommy was always prettier than everybody else's mommy.


Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sara I finally got around to reading your post. As always you paint the better side of me! MOM

    ReplyDelete