Well, I didn't bring a camera because we biked both nights and they don't make girl's clothes with pockets that fit anything (this is a serious pet peeve of mine! don't get me ranting about it! who designs this stuff?) But anyway, we had a great weekend. It was definitely a perfect back to school weekend. We lived it up and are now ready to take it easy and get back to work.
Friday night I went to old town to watch the Flobots play at the music festival. I met my friend emily and her friend from work and we hung out at the Rio sipping margarita's and chatting until the music started. michael showed up around 9:15pm because he had to work and then went out to dinner with the guys from work. After that I biked home and went to bed.
Saturday my friend Beth and I hiked about 9miles in three hours, actually getting me really sunburned. I then rested the afternoon away and made brownies for a bridal shower today, then proceeding to get ready to go see earth, wind and fire in old town again.
It was a nut house! you couldn't get within a mile of the stage. At least the weather was nice though. Mike and I biked there. We ended up just skipping the concert (really sad but you couldn't see or hear!) and just chatting with some friends we met up with in old town. We stayed out pretty late. Had a couple drinks, chatted, and people watched. It was a good time to watch drunk people dance, which is always kind of fun and holds a laugh. then back on the bikes to head home. So many people though...everywhere, but everyone seemed to be having a good time. Although i heard today there was a riot, but i have no idea what exactly happened at the concert.
today was a back to college lunch at our church and a bridal shower for my friend kristen. i can't believe the wedding is 12 days away. I need to go find some black shoes and pick up my dress from the tailor. And...
School starts tomorrow!
Where did the time go? We didn't even make it up to Saratoga or do a couple of the other things on my list. I'll have to do a recap soon of that list and see what I did do. So long summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment