Saturday, August 28, 2010

Trek and Trot

Mike and I did some trekking and trotting this weekend. Well, he did officially, I did unofficially. A friend of ours named Adam called mike up and asked him to do a race sponsored by crossroads church called the trek and trot. We found out when we arrived at 8am on our saturday morning (no, I'm not bitter for getting up so early, grr. :-) that it is a race that is definitely designed for those not so athletic individuals. It is five miles but a team race, one person bikes while another runs, so you both end up running roughly 2.5miles, but you get time deductions for the following: wearing a costume, bringing water balloons to the finish, reading and memorizing facts about HIV/aids, and going through the obstacle course. Mike was not prepared for this, he was ready to run hard, and that is what he did.
Here is a picture of the competition. Very intimidating. :-)
Mike is ready, he's got his game face and his bike, so he is set.
And adam (grey shirt) looks like he might cry, not sure what is going on there.
Getting ready...
And they're off!!!!!!!!!
I love this pic of Mike, I got him with both feet off the ground. He ran really hard!!
Here is adam at the obstacle course. Mike wasn't so keen on doing them so Adam did, again he looks like he's really upset and might cry, but that is because they had nerf balls to throw through the hoop. Anyone every tried to throw a super light nerf ball straight? it can't be done, but adam finally did!
This was the end of the course. Mike and adam had to go up and down together...how cute...uhh, well yeah. Mike and Adam had made such good time that the race officials weren't ready for anyone to finish yet. They finished well under 30 minutes and were the first people to cross the finish line.
Here are the sweaty champions. At this point we weren't sure they were actually going to win anything because we heard that some people had like 18min taken off their time for all the balloons and obstacles. Adam and Mike were only able to get 13 balloons through the finish, thanks to me of course. I biked out and brought them a bag because I noticed that so many other people had brought like three bags to carry water balloons while they were on the bike.
Mike had to head to work but later Adam called and said that they had won first place in the men's division. They won some water bottles and free rounds of golf at ptarmigan county club. Needless to say, they were pretty stoked. I kind of made fun of Adam in this post, but he did great. He got them a lot of time off by going through the obstacle course.

I did my own trekking and trotting later. Since mike and i rode together in the jeep to the race, and then he had to go to work I biked home. I ended up running errands on my bike and then racing across town to pick up a bridesmaids dress. Nothing as cool as the race though. Man, who know what we'll be up to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment