Well, by my title I suppose you can guess what me and my hubby did yesterday. yes, we went for a ride, very good, but where are how long? Well my friends, we biked all the way to estes and back. Yes, we are slightly crazy.

Well, we didn't truly bike
all the way there. I had Mike drive us down to Loveland and we biked from there because if we would have biked from our house, it would have been 80miles roundtrip, and while my husband thought that sounded perfect, I didn't think I was quite up to that level yet!
So we started from Taft and 34 in Loveland and headed up 34 to Estes park. You'll have to pardon the large amount of photos of me from behind, Michael had the camera so he took most of the pics. Just look at the scenery instead of my rear.

It really was a BEAUTIFUL ride! And the weather was perfect, very little wind, although there was enough in some parts to make it difficult.
Heading into Thompson River Canyon

Like I said, so amazing!

It was a long ride. I started feeling really tired around an hour, but ate some energy stuff and started to get my legs back and my second wind.

Whew! Look at that view! It took us about 2hrs to get to Estes Park.

We had to get Michael in one of these pictures!

Going through town.

Beautiful Estes Park, Colorado.

We stopped for a bathroom break and to fill up our water bottles, then it was back on the bikes to head home. We didn't just turn around and go back down the way we came, we did a loop that involved going through Glen Haven on the way home.
Heading Home

I was pretty beat by now and was so glad that the way home was mostly downhill!

Here is a shot of Michael coming up a hill out of Estes Park

Here we are at the crossroad for 34 and the road to Glenhaven

We didn't get an after picture, we were too tired, well, I was too tired. :-) I ended up getting a flat on the way home about 10miles out of loveland so we had to stop and fix it. Then after we got back and my bike was on the jeep to go home, my tire popped and flatted again. I'm so lucky that it didn't happen again while I was riding! we only had stuff to fix one flat!!
Needless to say. I was pretty tired the rest of the day. We got home at about 4:30pm and just vegged, then took Samson for a short walk. I think in all we road for 3-4hrs and about 60miles, not bad for a Wednesday workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment