Friday, October 22, 2010

Home is where the heart is, not just the puppy.

Well, my little puppy Samson found a new home yesterday. I think I cried all day Wednesday and then on Thursday when the new family took him home. It was definitely for the best, and i knew that, I just was mostly frustrated it had to be that way.

Why do I have to have dog alleriges, or any animal allergies (because I am allergic to all animals with fur or feathers)? Why am I allergic to grass, pollen, hay, mold, dust, peanuts, and slight allergies to both dairy and eggs? Well, because my body lives in a fallen world. It is so easy to stop being content with what I have and think "the grass is greener on the other side." I can't be happy that I have a great home with loving husband and friends, my world has to come crashing down because I can't have a dog. Sounds silly now as I type it, but I think that was definitely how I was behaving on Wednesday. Thank God for his blessings, mercy and grace.

Anyway, back to Samson's new home. It is perfect for him. The new family has 2 kids that visit during the week and stay every other weekend, and the parents own a small bike shop in old town, so he will be the shop dog and I can go visit him whenever I want. It is perfect for him! I couldn't be happier with the family we found.

We have an awesome weekend planned that I am so excited about! Tonight we are going to a Shabbat dinner at the University through Chabad Jewish group. I have missed celebrating Shabbat and the Holy Feast days so I think we might try doing that again. They have so much meaning, history, traditions, and significance. Maybe I'll have to post about them as they happen the next year so everyone can learn about them. We aslo have a Bible study potluck, a potential surprise birthday party, and we did want to do something cool on Saturday...who knows what could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment