Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A retreat for ladies

This past weekend I was able to go on a ladies retreat! We went with the ladies from our church and it was a blast! Well, how could you not have fun with a cabin full of girls and a cute dog in a coat! This is Kitty, one of the girls' toy poodle.


Here is all of us, being serious, then being funny!


My friend Miriam from school that I brought didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. Come see the snow Miriam!

There really was a light dusting of snow!! Of course as soon as the sun came out it disappeared.


Their property at the cabin is so pretty. If you look in the left side of the picture you can see some deer!
We had to have some craft time. We made cards.

And of course hiking time is great!! Especially to burn off all that food we were eating. I don't know about you, but retreats mean a weekend of eating!

Miriam and I found an old outhouse.

Walking accross the bridge.

All the aspens were turning colors and it was gorgeous!


And it just wouldn't have been a true "ladies" retreat unless we proved to the guys that we are indeed, stong-willed and powerful women, hence, target shooting.

Watch out boys, we know how to use em.

It was Miriam's first time shooting!

Like I said, a total blast! I love all these ladies at my church! Oh yeah, and while we were at the retreat, our guys had a manly mens day and played golf and watched football. I think our weekend trumped that!

No comments:

Post a Comment