I thought I should commemorate the moment. Michael just accepted his job offer officially, just emailed the packet.
I know I haven't shared yet, but this means that we are moving to Spokane, WA. This is where Michael's job offer was. He will be a sales and marketing rep for a company called TTI. It is going to be a great opportunity for him! They seem like a very good company and he will have paid holidays and vacations, a steady salary, company vehicle, phone, etc. I am very proud of him! It is definitely going to be an adventure for us!
But this adventure will also be bittersweet. Fort Collins is where we met, we love our church, and have so many friends! For me, I have lived in Fort Collins for almost 6yrs! I have many friends here and a great support system, but I am excited to try my hand in a new place!
In addition to bittersweet, we have a couple of snags. The first being that I am not finished with my master's until May and Michael's job starts the first week in February. I will need to be in Fort Collins occasionally to talk to my professors, be in the lab, and do my oral defense, etc. I don't want to live in Fort Collins alone for four months and have us try to live apart, and don't want to pay for two places, so we are trying to think of other options. Right now we are looking at subletting our apartment and having me fly out to Fort Collins maybe a week or two out of each month. Tickets to DIA are actually really cheap and it would still be cheaper for me to fly to Fort collins once a month for a week or two than to rent a place there. This is assuming someone will let me crash on their couch while I am there :-).
So lots of planning and decision making is going on at our house. We are still having Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with Mike's, but in January will make our first trip to Spokane to find a place to live and get to know our new city. I'll still be blogging so I will stay in touch and you can still see our crazy life, the story just got a little more exciting, that's all.
Congrats to Mike! I know exactly how you feel about leaving Ft. Collins. It is such a great place, but Spokane sounds pretty cool too! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you with the move.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm excited for you two. I know it will be a hard adjustment at times, but I'm sure Michael will love his job and you'll make all kinds of new friends. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete