Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vail Weekend-continued

Since Blogger will not let me post pictures it seems right now, I'll have to do just a writing post. I believe we are on Saturday right now from our Vail weekend. Well, Friday night turned into Saturday morning probably about the same time our air mattress deflated enough we could launch each other out of bed when we rolled over, quite the night and the experience let me tell you. But Saturday morning Mike and I got up and made french toast for everyone. We made so much french toast, but for some reason, not everyone wanted to eat it for breakfast so we had to find room in the already packed fridge for our delicious tower de toast.

Saturday morning was another relaxing morning. I had brought a book to read so I continued reading Max Lucado's book "Outlive your Life" and almost finished it. Great book! Talks about what God wants us to do with our lives, and how we can have a meaningful, influential life while we are here on earth.

I can tell you there is nothing better than sitting and reading a book at the Bortz house in the morning. They live right in the middle of the mountains and their house has so many windows to look out at all the scenery. It is just so relaxing!

Saturday we also went for another bike ride. I'll have to post the pictures another time. This ride, Jarid's mom Penny came along, she is super in to road biking, as well as Jarid, his 3 year old Elizabeth (she was pulled in the chariot), Mike, and Me! We biked from a trailhead at the mouth of Glenwood canyon all the way to Glenwood springs! It was downhill most of the way there, and Jarid pulled Elizabeth, but on the way bike, Mike pulled her all the 16miles back. In Glenwood we stopped for a bite at a coffee shop called the Sacred Grounds to power up before riding back. Jarid and I almost took out two old ladies on bikes racing each other back. Ahh, what fun times.

We really did have beautiful weather for this whole weekend! We couldn't have asked for it to be better!

Saturday night was another party, this time with all the friends in the area. So much people, so much food, so much noise, so much FUN! Jarid's dad Billy made some killer meatloaf and Susie made homemade mashed potatoes. Add on some chocolate cherry cake and you are set, or more like stuffed. To let our food digest after the party Michael and I went to a movie at the theatre in Eagle, CO, and saw Megamind with Will Ferrell and Brad Pitt as the voices. Cute movie. I love going to kid movies.

It couldn't have been a better Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment