What is it about Christmas lights that makes someone smile. I mean really, how can you not pass a house brightly lit and not smile? In fact, light is beautiful. When we are out in the dark, and see the stars shining, we don't comment about how pretty the dark is, we comment about how beautiful the stars, moon, or lights of the city are.
I think this has a deeper, spiritual meaning. As God's children we are children of the light. People are afraid of the dark, not light. Light is beautiful because it represents God and all that is good and right. This is just a little thought I had this morning as I thought about the walk Michael and I took last night to see the Christmas lights around our neighborhood. You can feel free to agree or disagree, but I found it encouraging to me today to be a light to someone, and not darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment