Monday, February 7, 2011

Life in Idaho

All right, I know I've been slacking, but we do not have internet yet so bear with me! Michael had to work all last week but had a wonderful three day weekend. We spent two of those days exploring Idaho's slopes. On Sunday we watched the super bowl with some awesome people from a church we went to on Sunday. They had no idea who we were but they invited us to watch the game with them on a 100ft screen in their basement. Complete with tons of food. God bless them! 

Now for some pics of our life in Idaho:

Michael's work truck and my new ride. We drive this everywhere! It is a really sweet truck.

Huge lake on the way to Schweitzer mountain ski resort.

Other side of the lake and beautiful northern Idaho.

Skiing at Schweitzer

It was a gorgeous view!


The snow was a little different, harder and wetter. 


For my late birthday present we got me a new ski jacket and snow pants! I am pretending to ski.

Me skiing at Lookout pass.


I hit a little jump but you really can't tell.
For the sake of honesty, these pictures make it appear as if I am an amazing skiing, but I am not! Michael totally schooled me the last two days and I really every wondered why I called myself a good skier! I do enjoy it though, a lot. I just need to not think I can go down black steep mogul runs with 5 inches of powder when I can't. Ahh, good vent and enough said. Michael works four tens this week and I have the goal of attempting to finish a draft copy of my thesis! Cross your fingers for us both!

1 comment:

  1. michael, i showed your pics to russ vannover and he said to tell you he is jealous and not happy with your decision to move to ID! ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete