Again, no pics, so just a boring post but if you were wondering how we are doing, I will satisfy your curiosity.
I posted that on Friday I passed my oral exams, one more step in the process of graduating. My oral exams was a test of the classes I have taken in the past two years during graduate school. My good friends Adam and Shelley took me out for a wonderful Mexican dinner to celebrate and then we watched a movie. I didn't do much this weekend. My thesis work was kind of on hold until today when I got the draft copy of my thesis back and I can make some more minor corrections before sending it out to my committee for review. My thesis defense is next week (the 28th) so this week will be in preparation of that. And that is about it. I'm missing Mike of course and am counting the days until I can begin my 16hr trek in my little car back to Idaho for the final move.
Michael is doing well. He is really starting to get the hang of his new job. Still some really early mornings, but he seems to be able to handle those. Yesterday he went for a little hike and found all sorts of bike trails for us to try when the weather gets nicer (if it ever gets nicer, I guess we are not as far away from Seattle as we thought). This week he is really busy with those resets again so his week will fly by. Then the following week, his work is flying him to Milwaukee for a week and once he gets back from that, I will most likely be heading up there and we will be reunited and live happily ever after. The end.
But we will both be back in Fort Collins the week of May 13th for my graduation. I graduate on Friday the 13th? Creepy? I think so. No, I'm not really superstitious. Then we get to hang out with family, hang out by the pool in the hotel, and generally just get to lay around for a weekend. Then we fly out on Sunday, Mike back home, me to Portland for a conference. Oh what busy lives we lead. We hope you all are doing well. We've already decided to go back to being adventurous, taking photos of them, and sharing with you all about the adventures once I return to Idaho. Maybe I'll make a bucket list of sorts of all the things I want to do when I get back up there and you all can keep me on my toes so that I actually do them and actually photograph them! Yep, good plan. Take care everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment