Monday, April 4, 2011

1st Idaho Mountain Biking Adventure

I brought the camera, but for some reason I left it in the truck, which turned out to be a great thing! Let me explain...

Michael had a guy call him yesterday afternoon asking if he wanted to go mountain biking. Michael asked me if I'd be up for it, and hesitantly I said yes. It's been so cold and when we got the call yesterday it was only 40 degrees F out. But I said, "why not" and we got all packed up. As I said, I remembered to bring the camera, and I left it in the truck. Well, it was a gorgeous day! It never really warmed up, but the sun was out for once and it was a scenic ride for sure. Be prepared for some beautiful photos this summer. But it was a mudfest. I think that is the most mud I have ever gotten on me or my bike. 

Michael hosing off the bikes outside the apartment.
I had the best time ever!! I love getting muddy! Michael wasn't too thrilled about it though. Technically it is not really that good for the bikes. I really like the soil up here for riding. It is so much tackier, meaning I don't spin out near as much. And of course not as many large rocks. I really couldn't believe how pretty it was! The trees are so much bigger! When you are out you are really in a forrest. 
My mountain bike christened in Idaho mud and water.
Definitely excited for summer riding. They do group rides here so Michael and I are excited about being able to meet some new peeps. 

Sunday was just an all around good day. I was home, we had a great breakfast, went to church, and went for a ride. Sunday afternoon after riding, Michael worked in the garage on a demo station for work and I contentedly munched on animal cookies and drank hot chocolate, while sitting in the sun. I  mean, come on, it doesn't get any better than that. My family, some sunshine, the Lord looking down, and animal cookies. I think there is a sermon in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment