Friday, April 22, 2011

A Funk Life Update

Well, Michael and I are still alive and kicking! We are now Idaho residents, we both have plates and new licenses. And we have our Jeep up for sale. We have three vehicles now and that is one too many.


This is the view from my window this morning, not cool. I know God said everything is good, but on Good Friday, with weather like this, I'm struggling with this one!


Michael has a three day weekend for Easter so we are way excited! We were thinking about taking a trip, like to Seattle or someplace to go Mountain Biking, but the weather all over the state is only supposed to be nice on Saturday, and then cold and rainy Sunday. The adventures might have to wait. Not to mention that the mountain bike trails everywhere around here are under snow still. We are trying not to be bitter, but we both can't wait for summer!

We celebrated Passover on Monday night together and are excited about Easter services at our church this weekend. Easter does make things feel more like spring. It is also a good reminder that the most important thing in life isn't going mountain biking on the weekends or taking trips, but about Christ and what He did for us, so that we could live and do these things that we enjoy so much.

I found the absolute most amazing tea ever yesterday! Even non-tea drinkers and tea haters would love this one, I'm sure of it! I'm getting pretty stuck in my habit of having coffee every morning and tea in the afternoon, or hot chocolate if it is after a workout.


Since Michael and I have Saturday off and it is supposed to be nice, we are going to go for a bike ride around Hayden Lake, so I will try to get some photos. My blog has been lacking pictures of us lately, well, any pictures lately. We can't wait until it warms up and we can start going outside more and capturing the beauty of the area for  you all. It really is beautiful, but seems unenjoyable because the weather has been so yucky and cold. But we'll take it while we're here. We don't know how long we will end up being here.

We decided that Friday nights tradition is a pizza night, so homemade (grilled) pizza, a movie, and some relaxation will end the work week. I've been working on a manuscript and applying for jobs. So far, no luck. I forgot how much fun job hunting was (insert sarcasm) but I know that God has a plan for us.

Happy Easter everyone! Celebrate the love of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment