We have been slowly replacing many of the things we sold and left behind in Fort Collins. You saw the tv we replaced on Monday. I think Michael deserves a round of applause for going without a tv for two whole months! Think about it...he didn't watch a movie for two whole months. He actually wasn't sure he wanted to replace the tv, but I wanted one. We're not huge tv people but I do really enjoy watching a movie every now and then. I wasn't ready to give that up!
Our next replacement was the grill, Michael brought it home yesterday. He has been waiting for them to come into his stores so he could buy one.
And so Michael proceeded to go into the office to watch his lecture for school. And I assembled the whole grill, solo.
.......
You thought I was kidding weren't you? Nope, I really put the whole grill together by myself. I have to give another shout out to my hardworking man though. No tv, and he is still getting his MBA while working more than full time. And just for the record, I really enjoyed putting the grill together. Its like a big puzzle, but better, because it is 3D and at the end you have something (i.e. a grill) which you can use and keep and not just break up and put back in the box.
| Organizing all the pieces |
All you needed was a screwdriver to put it together so there wasn't too much I could do to mess it up.
| Assembling the base |
![]() |
| The finished product |
And there she is sports fans, or grill fans, or both. The extra large, ready for grilling machine. This grill is actually pretty cool. I'm not gonna lie, at first when he wanted this one I balked at the size, but we do like to grill and we'll just have to keep this one forever now. The grill also has this neat feature where it has removable inserts in the grates. Take a look...
You can switch these out and cook just about anything on the grill. We have a pizza stone insert, wok insert, veggie basket insert, griddle, chicken roaster, you name it. We are excited to come up with new grill recipes. Maybe we'll have to make a grill cookbook and sell it back to the manufacturer and become millionaires....
*ahem* I digress. But that is our cool new grill. We are going to grill some chicken tonight to try it out. Although, this is the view from here today, to which I give a big thumbs down. I am very ready for spring!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment