I never understood the saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same" until lately as I have been aging rapidly. :-) Well, I feel like I am aging rapidly. But this saying is true. Everything is different now, everything has changed, our address, stores, people we hang out with, job/school situation. I've been feeling like the rug has been completely pulled out from under my feet. But just as the saying says, everything stays the same, like Michael wanting to go to the BMX track to ride his bike. And there is some comfort found in the things that are still familiar.
| Mike getting ready to shred it! |
| I came along and rode too, it was a fun little track, not sure why I'm not looking at the camera |
| It was just a lot of rollers and small hills, nothing I couldn't handle |
Like how Michael has to ride a bike, and inevitably has to jump something in the process. Or how we both still love alfredo for dinner.
| Michael handling the bike like a champ |
Or how Jesus is still Lord, and there are churches and believers here who believe with us as well. This has been our biggest comfort, having a church to go to.
I think we both thought it would be easy to make this move. We'd still have each other right? How hard could it be? But it has been one of the toughest things we've done. Which is funny because Michael was the master mover before he met me. Finding comfort and joy in the Lord has been key for us out here right now. And I am so grateful right now for the things that "stay the same."
No comments:
Post a Comment