I am alive. I wasn't eaten by scorpions while residing in Arizona for the week. I was baked by the sun, but this just caused me to never again complain about how hot it gets in Denver. It literally feels like you are in an over down there, and are just being baked. It was up to 108 degrees one of the days I was there.
We went down to Westcliffe on Friday night, and spent a fun weekend with the fam. We got to see goats and kittens
and a view of the smoke coming off a fire in the area, pretty close to where my parents live (don't worry, they are safe)
We also rode bikes with the kiddos and went hiking up on Rainbow trail.
![]() |
| My mom, Daniel, and Hannah |
| Mike and I at a pretty little stream crossing. I love bridges on hikes! |
| Hannah doing her version of rock climbing |
| Mike, reflecting on the rock climbing situation Hannah puts herself in |
| Playing in the creek |
And of course, since we were hiking with children, playtime in the creek was required. Shoes came off, and wet feet commenced.
We also woke up on Sunday, loaded up the bikes and my entire family, and headed to Salida for the FibArk festival. It is a rafting festival but they had races for both biking and running. Mike and I entered the mountain bike race. Mike raced semi-pro and had a tough, long, grueling race, of which he mastered. I just raced the sport category (the category above beginner) and I got 3rd in the womens! It was the first time I ever made podium! I won a jersey from it, I was pretty stoked.
![]() |
| Mike coming across the finish! |
That's the update. I'll try to further update more soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment