Hi Y'all,
I know it has been awhile, so I thought I'd give a brief update on us. No pics, sorry. I haven't yet asked my coworkers if they would like to be featured in my blog. What we are doing down here on this job is somewhat confidential and I feel like my company would not appreciate pictures of us or the site floating around on the internet.
I have been down in AZ now for 2 weeks. Tomorrow marks the halfway point in this sampling session. I am so excited. I can't wait to go home. don't get me wrong. I like my work but I am ready to go home. I am so thankful that Mike is getting down here on Saturday to spend the weekend with me. Everything is going pretty well. It is stinkin hot, constantly. We have not found many more scorpions in the house. I did find one on my toilet a couple days ago, but I don't want to talk about it. I'm getting take-out food overload. I'm really tired of eating out, but don't have the energy to cook after working outside all day. None of us do, so we have been doing a lot of take-out. I really like the people I work with. We've had some good times. We've gone to movies down here, and play Bingo at a local casino. Something to get us out of the house and our minds off working. One of the hard parts for all of is that our work doesn't stop. We go out to the mine every day to sample, but when we get back to the house at night, it is just uploading data, taking care of the sampling equipment and getting everything to go back out tomorrow. If we do finally find ourselves done with all that, we are talking about work, or stuck at a house that really isn't our house. The days all meld together. Since we work every day, we go by dates. None of us could tell you if it was Thursday or Monday, but we can tell you that it is 7/21/11. That is about it for me. I just can't wait for Mike to get here on Saturday!!
Michael has been traveling so much too! Down to Pheonix, then Kansas City, and then down to Canon City, CO. Now he is traveling down to Tucson to see me! He is really busy and is still trying to get in the swing of his job. After he gets back from seeing me. He goes to Milwaukee for training for a week, and then to St. Louis for someting else right when I get back, crazy!! He is a rockstar though. I am so proud of him.
That is our small update! If you want to talk to me, feel free to call. I do have some free time and I tend to get bored. I made one of my coworkers go to a used bookstore with me so I could get some reading material. Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment