It was quite the yucky weekend here in Colorado. We had rain Friday night until Saturday night. It may have driven Michael absolutely crazy, but it was a welcome relief for me. I am not good about taking a break unless someone helps me, or the weather helps me. Saturday's rain allowed me to relax all day, and I needed it!
I had breakfast with a dear friend from Fort Collins on the North Side of Denver at Mimi's cafe, delicious! And she is pregnant! So it was great to see her with her little belly poking our. I can't wait to meet the little one in January. Their baby has the same due date as my birthday. What a coincidance! They are not finding out the sex of the baby until it is born. They have such patience and I am so excited for them!
Sunday was sunny and cold, the high was only 51 degrees. But since the sun was out, I convinced Michael we should go to the zoo! The Denver Zoo is a pretty good zoo. They definitely had all the animals. Although, Michael still says no one has anything on the Sedgewick County Zoo. It was a blast. I forget how much I love the zoo or even museum type things. We'll definitely have to be doing more of those kind of visits this winter.
Anyway, some pic of the zoo
| Camels! |
| This sea lion was missing his whole tail, it looked so weird |
| Giraffes are way cool. |
| Tigers are way cooler! |
We got really lucky and one of the animal handlers stopped by while we were looking at the tiger and started talking to him. She kept making the greeting sound tigers make (called Prusten) and he would do it back. It is kind of a soft woofing noise. He really knew his name too!
So, fun times at the zoo! Next I want to go to the aquarium or the Museum of Natrue and Science.

No comments:
Post a Comment