If you have been following along for awhile, you have probably noticed the switch from biking photos, to fishing photos. I guess we are getting more lazy or something. But this weekend we had the chance to go fly fishing with a fellow from our home church that we are apart of. Dave is a huge fly fisherman and he had all the stuff for two people. Since Michael was so excited about it. I sacrificed my Saturday morning of sleeping in to go fishing at 7am.
I let the boys fly fish and I fished with my pole and a lure. I caught two fish total. The pictures make it kind of hard to see the fish, let me say, it is really hard to hold a fish on a pole and get a picture of it at the same time.
I believe Michael had a fairly good time fishing. I know it was frustrating trying to learn to cast a fly rod for the first time. I gave it a try too and I just seemed to get it tangled all the time. Especially when the stream got more narrow.
It was a fun time and was great to hang out with Dave. But we had to race back to watch the K-state game!
We went over to our neighbors house to watch the game. last minute, espn decided not to broadcast the game or something because Jon had to link his laptop to the tv and stream the game so we could actually watch it. K-state pulled out a great win though, so I had a happy husband in the game department. We made a pot of taco soup for the game and fresh guacamole so I was pretty content to watch football and eat, even though I'm not a huge sports person. (I like sports for the food they bring! :-)
We ended our Saturday with a movie. We watched the 3rd Transformers. For only a dollar at Redbox, how could we pass it up! By the way, the redbox app rocks! I was able to find a redbox close to my house that had the movie still! It allows me to use my location to find the closest ones and then lets me know if that location has the movie I want. The movie was a disappointment, but for a dollar, I was definitely entertained. Quite an epic Saturday. Speaking of epic, our epic ski passes came in the mail today! Bring on the snow!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment