Michael had been traveling a lot this week so I asked one of my friend M from college, who know lives in Denver, if she wanted to come over and hang out. Mike got in late last night so she came and had dinner with me, with the intention of then picking up Mike with me and spending the night so we could go snowshoeing in the morning while Mike caught up on work and school stuff, that way he didn't need to feel guilty about spending time with me when he needed to get work done.
Our attempt at snowshoeing was, an attempt. Unfortunately, Colorado has been severely lacking in snow, making me severely unhappy. I need my winters and fun snow activities. But we hiked all the same, sans snowshoes. There just was not enough snow.
We ended up hiking near Evergreen, CO, close to a little ski resort called Echo Mountain. You could see it off in the distance.
I'm not sure how far we hiked. I couldn't even find the trail on a map, but it was so nice to be outside. It was pretty chilly, but we had dressed for the cold.
I know the sunglasses look funky, they are my biking sunglasses. They don't look the best with hats.
It was a good time. I really hope we get more snow in the future so I can actually use my snow shoes! Pray for snow!
After snowshoeing I spent the rest of the evening with Michael. We made an amazing dinner together. Ribeye steaks, asparagus, and sweet potato waffle fries, YUM! He has been working and traveling so much lately that I haven't got to see too much of him. Weekends are so short, ya know? Maybe I'll do something fun this week and post some pics. You never know...


No comments:
Post a Comment