Since we both basically work 8-5pm jobs now, we really understand the meaning of the term "weekend warriors." It is driving us (well, mostly me) crazy not being as adventurous or active as we used to be. So I try to cram so much into the weekend. This past weekend we attempted to go skiing Saturday morning, but traffic and lift lines were so bad that we literally skied one run in a total of 2 hours, after actually getting to the mountain. Michael is still recovering from being sick last week and he developed a bad case of stomach cramps on the mountain, which is no bueno, so we ended up just calling it quits and heading home.
We had a great afternoon at home though! We went for a bike ride on our single speeds to downtown Arvada. We probably won't make that ride again. The hills were ridiculous and downtown Arvada was a lot rougher than downtown Fort Collins. But it felt good to get some exercise.
Than we proceeded to be the adults we have somehow become and worked on our house and yard for the rest of the afternoon. Michael had to try out his new power washer and we washed the cars, in our very own driveway!
I raked the whole front lawn to try to get all the pine needles and leaves. That is going to be quite a chore every year. I didn't even finish the whole front and my arms were so tired from raking! Since it was so gorgeous out (like 60 degrees!) we pulled out the chiminea and lit that up for the first time too.
While I was getting the fire burning, Michael lowered the basketball hoop so we could have some dunk action whenever we play next time. I'm really bad at basketball so I'm not sure how often that will be. That, and everyone else's dunk height, is not my dunk height, just putting that out there so I don't get laughed at when you watch me try.
It was great to relax in front of the fire. It cooled down really quick once the sun went behind the mountains, making the fire extra nice.
We ended Saturday with grilling some chicken and going to see Sherlock Holmes in the theater. Such a good movie! I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it!
Sunday was church and then we tried to go skiing again. It snowed Saturday night and dumped about 10 inches at the resorts so we had to try again. I'm so glad we did, best ski day of the season!! So much snow, but bitter cold. You can see our pics on my my facebook page here.
We stopped in Breckenridge for dinner after the lifts closed, to try to let the traffic clear out. It didn't work, we still got stuck in traffic, but the margarita and Angel's Hollow in Breck is the best I've ever had I think.
It was an awesome time, even with my moodiness. I want to make a toast to husbands who put up with moody wives, I know I wasn't the easiest to put up with. Just throwing that out there honestly. We always paint such perfect pictures of our lives in blogs. Reality is that we all struggle and fail. Thank God for Jesus and his mercy everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment