I wanted to give you all an update on my roommate, friend, and bridesmaid, Megan. Things are not good. She has been sent home, and is on hospice care. They are keeping her comfortable until her time comes. Thank you all for your prayers. Please pray for her family as they deal with this difficult time. She has been an amazing friend to so many. I thank God for His promises because I know I will get to see her again!
This is written by her Mom.
"Things are some what the same, but yet not. She is having a lot more problems with irritability and from what the doctor says, it has to do with pain. We have increased the pain medication and that has helped some what. Megan is still holding in there, but each day I can see a change in her. Her abdomen is getting more extended, which when talking to the oncologist stated it was due to the cancer growing in the abdominal cavity. As most of you know hospice has been called in to help and they have been fantastic. They had a harpist come in and play for her and it relaxed her so much she fell asleep. When my sister G was here to help out, we were watching tv and Megan told us she wanted the TV noise off. G and I went into the kitchen to work on a couple of things and Megan said, "can you stop making all that noise and quit talking?" Well G and I tried our hardest but she could still hear us. The next thing we heard was "Well I guess not!!!" We both had to laugh. I have heard the closer the person gets to death they start getting irritable and sensitive to sound, especially in brain cancer patients.
Megan has been such a light and inspiration to so many people. Her doctor there at CSU has come by two different times and several there at the CSU clinic have wanted to come and see her. I went there the other day to give medical records my power of attorney and visited with several who asked me how Megan was doing and if they could come visit her. They told me how much she inspired them and how much she had meant to each of them. It is awesome to hear such wonderful things told to you about your daughter. Made me very proud of her for walking such a Christ like walk. One of the guys she has worked with in the chemistry department, who professed to be an atheist, just recently bought a bible and now is coming over nightly to read the bible to her. We show our christian lives in many unspoken words some times, just by the way we walk our christian lives. Also her nero oncologist called the other day just to see how things were going. She also talked to me about how Megan inspired her.
I also want to thank each and everyone for the cards and letters of support which have been sent both to Megan and myself. You are such a blessing to us.
Please keep us all in your prayers as each day gets closer to the end. Pray she goes in peace with very little suffering.
Love in Christ.
Megan's Mom"
No comments:
Post a Comment