This past weekend Michael and I found out it was free park day at Rocky Mountain National Park. So we decided a day of hiking was in order. We invited my friend Heather and her husband John to join us.
 |
| At the trail head |
 |
| Me and Heather |
The fall colors were in full swing. It was so gorgeous! We were all really tired, because we had woken up at 5:30am to get an early start before the crowds (free day at the park = no place to park). Well, we still didn't get out the door until 7:15am, but we got into the park before the rush. We decided on a hike to Ypilson Lake, supposedly 9 miles round trip.
 |
| Mike and I |
 |
| Beautiful!! |
Heather was an art major and she loves taking pictures. John likes taking pictures too. We stopped a lot to take pictures. :-)
 |
| Stream crossing, "see any fish mike?" |
 |
| John photographing the fall colors |
 |
| Don't judge me, I've been hiking! Of course I look like a homeless person. :-) |
After we finished our hike, there were cars galore, everywhere. It was like a town in that park. You couldn't even drive there were so many cars parked along the road. But we did find some elk for John and Heather to photograph.
After that we went and got lunch at a place called Poppy's in downtown Estes. They have great burgers and sweet potato fries!
No comments:
Post a Comment