Not much different today, the key to this way of eating is definitely going to be cooking extra and having leftovers, for sure. That is how Michael and I made it through today.
We know its only been two days, but it hasn't been that hard yet to eat like this. One thing we have both noticed in two days is that we are hungry less, and have less cravings. We can eat breakfast and make it all the way until lunch time without dealing with growling stomachs at 10:30 a.m. Eating like this also isn't hard when you have time to make a fantastic dinner of Bacon Wrapped Smoky Chicken Thighs, roasted butternut squash, and steamed red cabbage. Let me say, smelling that chicken baking was really hard, it smelled so good!
I'm really liking the book "Practical Paleo" by Diane Sanfilippo. I tried her recipe from the book for the chicken thighs and they are literally, amazing.
![]() |
| Dinner - Day 2 |
What is going to be hard, is eating like this when I have to travel for work again. I will have to be creative eating out.
I'm also sure we will get tired of eating eggs every day for breakfast, which is why last night after the chicken finished baking I mixed up a batch of Paleo Pumpkin Granola.
I modified the recipe a bit because it contained a lot of nuts that I couldn't eat. It still turned out delicious! All nuts and seeds basically. After I made it, I couldn't get the container away from Michael and if he thought it was good, its a keeper!! He really does eat anything and everything, but he likes it to be cheap and taste really good. And some of my healthier recipes have flopped because they have missed the mark on one or both these categories. So if you want to make some for yourself, here is the recipe:
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Granola - Nut Allergy Modified:
Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup sliced almonds
- 1 Cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 TBS. Chia Seeds
- 6 Dates, chopped
- 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon cloves
- pinch of salt
- 3 TBS melted coconut oil
- 2 TBS unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the seeds and spices (dry ingredients)
- Whisk together the remaining wet ingredients in a different bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients on the seed/spice mixture and mix well
- Spread mixture evenly on the two cookie sheets, trying to get an even layer
- Bake for 30-40 min, stirring every ten minutes
- Let cool for 30 min on the pan before putting in an airtight container
- Eat in a bowl with some almond or coconut milk and enjoy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment