Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 3 - 30 Day Challenge

So, day 3 and we were still doing good.  I think the only thing I really will get tired of is eating eggs for breakfast.  I have read a lot of websites which suggest having leftovers from dinner for breakfast.  But I really enjoy breakfast, and I like breakfast type foods, so I'm not sure that I will ever get to that point.

But, I did find a recipe which is like eating eggs, but taste like pancakes!  So I whipped up some of these pumpkin pancakes for breakfast with some bacon.  

Breakfast - Day 3
The pancakes are just pumpkin and eggs basically, with a little bit of real maple syrup and vanilla.  Much  more blood sugar friendly, you don't get the blood sugar spike with these like you do with normal, carb pancakes with corn syrup (what normal syrup is made out of).  Mike just ate these with butter and a little cinnamon/sugar mix on top, very little on the cinnamon sugar mix.  I was even find just eating them with butter.

So if you want to change up your breakfast routine, then give these a try.  They have a little different texture than regular pancakes, but not bad at all, plus you don't feel full and bloated after eating them, like you do with a stack of normal pancakes (or at least I did).

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes: (also taken from the book "Practical Paleo")


Ingredients:


  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 Cup pumpkin
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 TBS pure maple syrup (optional)
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2 TBS melted butter or coconut oil


Instructions:


  1. Whisk eggs with pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup
  2. Whisk in the dry ingredients
  3. Make sure your skillet is well oiled over medium heat before pouring any batter on the skillet
  4. Spoon batter onto the skillet, making small to medium sized pancakes.
  5. When a few bubbles appear, flip pancakes carefully (you can't flip them quickly like you do with normal pancakes, you kind of have to take it slow or you will rip the pancakes, they are much more fragile)
  6. Serve with butter and cinnamon, fruit, more maple syrup, or whatever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment