Saturday, February 16, 2013

Days 12 - 15, 30 Day Challenge

Busy, busy, busy week!  For both of us.  With our crazy weekend last weekend, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were just plain nuts.  This is when it starts to get hard to have healthy food to eat or to eat paleo.  It would be so much easier to through a frozen pizza in the oven.  I just feel like I am spending an inordinate amount of time in the kitchen preparing food.

Michael has had to get up before six every morning this week.  We both seem to switch off doing this.  Last week it was me getting up at 4am, this week it is him getting up early and me traveling again, and then next week he will take the traveling baton.  Our crazy lives.  We sometimes wonder why we don't live in Kansas, where life appears to run at a slower pace... next to family... and then we remember that we have a love affair with mountains.  

So, not too much to report on food this week.  We ate a lot of leftovers and salad.  One morning while Michael was up at 5:45am, I decided to get up with him and we had breakfast together (another breakfast skillet, this week's meat flavor is chorizo).  Then I decided to put some dinner in the crockpot before I left for work.



At 6:45am.  Its all about preparation.  And you see that butternut squash there?  I absolutely love butternut squash.  I would probably put it in almost every dish if I could.  But they are the hardest things to prep!  You have to peel the outside, and then scoop out seeds and cut it up.  It gets hard to hold on to while you are peeling too.  But I just through a whole bunch of squash, carrots, onions, and celery in the crockpot with some frozen chicken breasts and spices on top.  We were able to eat on that for the rest of the week, which helped.

And yes, this past week included Valentine's Day.  We had a pretty lame day on Valentine's Day.  I worked 16 hours and had to drive back from Cripple Creek and Michael had to work a crazy day too. So we celebrated Friday night and then made a nice breakfast Saturday morning too.  I'll post on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment