Friday was our Valentine's Day celebration, and it was low key and awesome. I had surprised Michael earlier this week of hiding little love notes all over the house and giving him a chocolate heart. He got me a brand new skillet (not necessarily for Valentine's Day, we just needed a new one, but it was by the flowers :-) and some beautiful tulips, which are all starting to open and bloom so they are going to get even prettier over the weekend.
Friday night we were both so burned out from the week that we just wanted to relax and watch a movie. So after we went to the gym, we came home and cooked dinner together and chatted over white wine, hard cider, and homemade guacamole.
We decided to make some salmon. We try to have fish at least once a week, and I usually always cook it the same way, so I decided to try something different. I made lemon-dill salmon. We paired our salmon with roasted asparagus and mashed cauli-potatoes (just cauliflower made like mashed potatoes)
Pretty delicious! We really like the faux mashed potatoes too, they tasted great, but they would have been better if I had a food processor. Then they would have been smooth like real mashed potatoes, instead of kind of lumpy and more like cauliflower. We watched the movie "Looper" with Bruce Willis after dinner. It was kind of intense, but definitely held your interest.
So that was our Valentine's Day celebration, and the start of a very, very laid back weekend. Michael and I are forcing ourselves to do absolutely nothing. Which is so hard for us! We keep getting ideas like, "lets go snowshoeing", or "let's drive up to Fort Collins and visit everyone", or "let's go hike and ski up by Boulder." But "no"! We are making ourselves stay home and catch up. There has been so much stuff going on lately, that I don't think we have wiped down the stove in over a month.


No comments:
Post a Comment