Yay! I made it to the second trimester! Today marks my the beginning of my 14th week. And I still really don't look pregnant, I just feel kind of "thick" around my middle. Again, I can tell I have a small belly, since I usually have a flat stomach, but I do admit that I really don't look pregnant. Although, right after I eat, I do look pregnant. Not sure why that is, or if the baby has moved to where it pushes up on my stomach so when I eat my stomach just goes out instead of down. Who knows...but I have a story about it, and you can all be my witnesses for when this baby is born.
![]() |
| 14 Weeks |
I had just eaten a big lunch before I went to the Montreal airport yesterday. So after I went through security, the guy was taking forever to xray this one couple's bag, so I had to wait for my items to come through. It took a few minutes. I don't know if it was lunch or more growing pains, but my stomach kind of hurt on the sides and I was rubbing it. Mind you I looked pregnant thanks to that large authentic chinese meal I ate. :-) My items finally came through and I gathered them up, as I was leaving the TSA area, a large, colored security guard stopped me and just said "it's a boy." And then smiled and went back to work. IS THAT NOT WEIRD?? So all of you are my witnesses, if this baby come out a boy, then I thank you for your prediction kind, Canadian TSA guy.
Okay, onto the other stuff.
How are you feeling? Good! Much more energy, and I am sleeping pretty well. Same thing though with pushing myself. If I push to hard or get too tired (mainly, just not getting enough sleep), I get either really sick or really emotional. Darn hormones.
Cravings/Aversions? Hmmm, not really. Chinese food tastes amazing right now, but I am back to eating everything again.
Weight Gain? I think all the eating in Montreal and not working out at all maybe put on a pound, plus some normal weight gain, I feel bigger, but I don't have a scale...
Interesting notes? I can't believe that the baby is already making urine and bile and that it can open and close its fists. They also say that when/if I am poking my stomach, the baby will respond by moving, but that I can't feel it yet. I honestly have to say that some days, I really don't feel pregnant, just a little fat. Especially since I don't have the fatigue or food aversions. I can't wait for my belly to really pop out, so everyone else can tell I'm pregnant, and I can stop hearing "oh, you don't look pregnant at all, it must be very early." Although other women have told me to enjoy not having a belly, since it tends to get in the way, get heavy, make your back hurt, etc. They say it is much better to not show until you are 5-6 months pregnant. I guess I'll find out!
Have you thought about baby stuff? I have to admit I have, but I'm probably won't start buying things until I am around 6-7 months pregnant. Just because we are living in an apartment. I have to plan really well and be choosy with what I want to buy because we do not have a ton of space. But I have started thinking about some of the things I will need to buy for baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment