Yay! 16 weeks! I can now officially say I am four months pregnant, although if you go by one of the pregnancy books I have, I have been "four months" since 14 weeks, but that doesn't seem right.
Today, Michael and I had our first appointment with our new midwife here in Utah. One of my worries about leaving my doctor in Denver is that I would not find anyone here I felt as comfortable with. Well, my worries are quelled. I really like the midwife I found, she took so much time to go through everything with both of us, not just me, although Michael didn't have opinions on anything one way or another. :-) She really made me feel comfortable, so I am happy with my decision to use a midwife instead of an OB/GYN.
So here is me at 16 weeks! I am getting my little bump now, although it is still so tiny! The doctor said it was a fine bump and it was within normal for my pregnancy. I think I actually slimmed up a little, even though the scale says otherwise, because I am able to wear my jeans again, with a bella band or a rubber band around the button through.
![]() |
| 16 Weeks, pardon the garage photo, Michael needed to leave for work |
So you can't feel the baby move yet? Nope, I haven't felt a thing, and I have been watching for it! After seeing the 12 week ultrasound and then having the midwife say, "wow, that is an active baby" I know that it is not because the baby isn't moving. I've decided the reason I can't feel it yet is because of my amazing, strong ab muscles which are keeping my belly from growing. :-) Anything to feel better about my somewhat fat, pregnant self, right?
Weight Gain? Yep, I've gained around 7-8lbs so far. I'm okay with it. I am really trying to eat regularly and healthy. I know this gets a lot of focus in pregnancy and I've talked to so many people who have been pregnant and their stories have all been different. So I am going to try very hard to not compare myself to other pregnant mamas I know and let my body do what it needs too, even if that means gaining 50lbs (although Lord, please don't let that happen! :-) Maternity cloths are on the horizon though, but I've been able to get away thus far by wearing a lot of dresses and yoga pants.
How are you feeling? Great! Overall, I feel completely normal again. I can exercise, although I can definitely tell when I need to stop, it is hard to push myself, so I don't. My emotions are a little ragged. I can tell that I get more emotional when something upsets me. It kind of gets magnified...and with this move I have been having to make so many adjustments, I have been trying to be really easy on myself.
Food Cravings? No, not really. I've noticed that I do not crave cookies or brownies or desserts like that right now, if I want a dessert I want ice cream or pie. French fries have tasted extra good recently, but I can't really think of anything that I am "craving."
Sleeping? Yes, the weird vivid dreams started to get me around 14 weeks. I woke up singing a weird song this morning, but I can't remember what it is now. I was singing it in my dream... Otherwise I am not having a terrible time sleeping. I still wake up pretty early, like normal, but I have been falling back to sleep more regularly.
Have you started planning yet? Not really, I feel like I have so far to go yet. I haven't really thought about colors or cribs or baby stuff yet. I only really starting thinking about birth and things like that since I had to find a doctor here. After reading and doing some research, I am pretty sure I want to go the more natural birth route, which was why I went with a midwife. But I haven't done a ton of research on what birth method I want, or what I want in the room, etc. There is so much information, it is overwhelming! And I do want to start buying baby stuff, but I don't know where we would put it, and I still have 5 months to buy things. I will probably start acquiring baby stuff in August I'm thinking.
Anything else weird or new? I hate my hair right now! I heard so many stories of luxurious hair while you are pregnant. My hair hates life, it is so dry and crazy! Every time I blow dry or straighten it, I swear, I create split ends in every single one of my hairs. I'm still waiting for the pregnancy glow with nice hair and skin, my acne has kind of been coming back too...

No comments:
Post a Comment