Friday, July 19, 2013

22 Weeks

You can thank my lovely sister Jamie for this pic, she was in town this week while Michael was gone, so I wouldn't be lonely.

22 Weeks
 Uhhh, let's try that again, with a smile!
22 Weeks
I realized this week I am carrying baby Funk very low and that my belly does not want to really come out, it just wants to push all my insides up.  I am out of breath going up stairs and my stomach and other organs feel like they are on top of where the baby is.  Really weird.

How are you feeling?  Really good, physically I feel great and I did well emotionally this week too.  Michael was gone all week and I am really glad he's back, but it was so lonely for me until Jamie got here.  It is very isolating being in a new city where you do not know anyone.  I didn't talk to anyone physically for two days.  Thankfully I am still working so I was at least interacting with my coworkers over the phone.  Nothing hurts or is making me uncomfortable yet.  No swelling in my feel or anything, I really can't complain!  I am definitely still in that "easy" part of pregnancy.

Weight Gain?  Only maybe 0.5 pounds this week or maybe nothing at all.  I think my big gain was the previous weeks for a little while.

How big is baby?  I can't believe it, but all my books say that Peanut is about one pound this week!  We have crossed the ounces threshold!

Milestones?  I really bonded with the baby this week.  At about 8pm every night, Peanut wakes up and goes to town in my belly.  I have never experienced anything like it.  This pregnancy has been real the whole time, but last night, as Peanut was punching and kicking me, it was like I could actually imagine the little baby in there practicing to move and for the first time I realized how much I love this baby.  I can't really describe it, maybe other mom's will understand, but I now feel a connection with the life inside me.  The little baby became "my" baby and I started to really love it with everything I have.

Another milestone, is kind of what I mentioned above, Peanut's schedule.  I am starting to see a pattern of waking and sleeping, and that is pretty neat.

Cravings/Aversions?  No aversions, but I craved french fries and a hamburger this week.  I compromised with sweet potato fries one day and homemade hamburgers another.  I also feel proud of myself because I ate a ton of salad this week.

Interesting Notes?  I had another dream that we had the baby last night, and this time it was a girl!


 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment