Michael left Sunday last week for work and was gone until Friday. It was really hard to let him go. I know we have lived apart for months, but we both had job/life/etc. I still feel so new here, I had no idea what I was going to do for a week, alone.
I didn't have to worry too much about it, because my amazing sister decided she could come and visit me during the week. Then I only had Sunday afternoon, Monday, and the day Tuesday before she got in Tuesday night.
We went to bed late Tuesday and slept in on Wednesday. I made the overnight oatmeal waffles again, because they are so good. It's like having a bowl of oatmeal as a waffle, with more protein.
We spent the day exploring and shopping. We ended up in downtown Salt Lake in the morning and shopped. We found a cool store called Lush that sells all natural soaps and cosmetics so we had a great time trying on stuff there, then we grabbed lunch and visited a local brewpub called Squatters.
After chilling for a couple hours, having some brews (me = root beer) we decided to head up Little Cottonwood Canyon, where Michael and I went last week that was so pretty. It was still just as beautiful, and so much cooler! It was great to escape the heat. There was a storm rolling in and we just watched the clouds for awhile.
On the way down to go home and eat dinner. We saw a baby moose!! You can kind of make him out in this pic, his ears and nose are too the right as he is eating on that plant.
Then we ate dinner, talked, and watched a movie before hitting the sack for another day of adventuring, we visited some caves. I'll post those pics soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment