Monday, July 15, 2013

Happenings

Thursday night last week Michael and I pretended not to be old and we met up with one of his distributers at 9:30pm to see a movie.  This guy goes to a movie at midnight every Thursday night.  It is his "dad" time to get away.  Then he goes home and sleeps for a couple hours before going to work in the morning.  Crazy, right?  But he moved up the time so we and a couple other people could join him.


I was pretty proud of us for being out that late.  We had a good time.  We saw a silly movie and had absolutely no pre-conceived ideas about the movie before we went.  We saw Grown Ups 2, and yes, it was completely dumb and unrealistic, but we caught ourselves laughing several times.  We didn't get to sleep until after midnight.  We realized we have to do stuff like this before the baby comes.


Friday I finally went and visited Trader Joe's for the first time.  I have heard so much about it from people some friends in Colorado that I just had to go see it.


I can definitely see why people like it so much.  The food is all healthy and inexpensive!  It is pretty far away from where we live, so I can't see me visiting there too often.  

Friday night Michael and I were scratching our heads for something to do, so we decided to go for a hike.  I looked up a trail up Little Cottonwood Canyon by Alta Ski resort and we decided to pack a picnic dinner and check it out.  


It was amazing!  We didn't know scenery like that existed in Utah.  It was a hike to a little lake, so we brought our fishing poles.  The lake said it had fish in it, but we definitely didn't see any jumping or even surfacing for any of the bugs.




What we did see was a ton of salamanders!  I had never seen a salamander in between stages before.  I had to look these up because I was so fascinated, especially because this lake was teeming with them, they were literally everywhere.


I found out that they are tiger salamanders.  They were crazy to watch because they kind of looked like fish, but also looked like lizards.


It was such a gorgeous night.


We can't wait to head back up there and camp or just hike around some more.  It was so beautiful and peaceful!   I kind of want to blow this picture up and frame it.  :-)


Saturday we went for a bike ride up Emigration Canyon, and I realized that I can't ride my road bike anymore.  Peanut did not like being that squished.  I am just bent over a little too far to be comfortable.  After we got home, Mike tried to raise my bars up, but he only got me another 1/2 inch.  I will have to try it out and see if that makes a difference at all.  Then we literally just napped, read, and shopped a little on Saturday afternoon.  Sunday we another lazy day with just church in the morning and more relaxing and napping in the afternoon.  A pretty uneventful weekend, but it was much needed after our big camping weekend last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment