Saturday, July 13, 2013

21 Weeks

Okay, I think I have this whole weeks/months timeline thing figured out.  It has been driving me crazy!  Right now I have just finished 21 complete weeks, so I am actually in my 22 week.  Now I get why my pregnancy app on my phone gives me the week ahead, because that is actually what is happening during the week.  And as for the months, the doctors and all the books go by what month you are in, not what month you have finished.  For some reason, this was messing with my technical brain.

21 Weeks: Not the best pic, sorry.  I need to teach Michael to take better photos and not always grab him to do it when he is really busy.


Well, last weekend (20 weeks) was a big weekend!  Yay camping!  I feel like I did really well sleeping on the ground and being super active for three days.  I was really tired on Monday though.

How are you feeling?  Good, but definitely more moody this week.  I don't know if that was in part to exhaustion over the weekend or just hormones, but I did kind of have a hard time this week, I was just sad a lot.  I hope that doesn't continue!  Physically, I still feel great.  I am not having too many aches or pains.

How big is Peanut?  Well, from head to toe, he/she is about 10.5 inches long, but they stay curled up still a lot, so the other measurement is from head to rump, which is 6.5 inches.  He/she weighs about 3/4 of a pound now.  Soon maybe most of this weight I'm gaining will actually go to the baby instead of to my hips.
:-)  Peanut now has eyelids and eyebrows.  I wonder what color their hair will be...

Weight Gain?  Yep, about 3-4 pounds in the last two weeks.  I think I need to start eating a little better.  Ice cream is just so good right now!  I'll give a total number again one of these days...

Milestones?  I feel Peanut move all the time now.  It is crazy.  I went from just little twitches at 19 weeks to full on somersaults, kicks, flips, you name it.  I had my midwife appointment this week and she said everything is going great and looking normal.  I was able to hear the heartbeat again, I love that sound.  It was still in the 140s. She also said I would feel my baby more than the average woman because of where the placenta has implanted.  I guess instead of implanting on the front or back of my uterus, it implanted on the top, above Peanut's head.  It is not dangerous or anything, just not normal.  Which means there is no cushion between me and my baby's movements.  Michael has felt the baby move as well.  We have an active little person on our hands.

Cravings/Aversions?  I'm still really in love with ice cream, I think I could eat it every day, and Arnold Palmer s.  It has also been really hot here though and those are both cool and refreshing.  When I went grocery shopping this week I realized I really wanted pie.  We haven't fulfilled that desire yet. The last two cravings I had and actually acted on were cheese curds and V8.  Cheese curds sounded amazing, and for some reason so did V8.  I'm also hoping I can drink the V8 as a healthy, filling snack so I can cut back on some of the desserts.  :-)

Interesting Notes?  We have not gotten one positive response from not finding out the gender.  Well, my doctor said that would be fun, but everyone else so far we have told (who didn't already know we weren't finding out) has reacted in shock told us we were crazy.  I can't decide how I feel about it.  I didn't expect so many people would be so opinionated.  I had one older lady tell me that finding out early is so much better because you can prepare and if they had the technology available when she was having her kids, she would have taken the opportunity in a heartbeat, therefore, I should too.  It kind of offends me a little.  I know I'm reading into it but people make it sound like we are being silly and can't adequately prepare ourselves emotionally or physically for our child unless we know what it is.  Yes, it would be nice to say, my little boy, or girl, but for some reason, I feel like I am putting them in a box.  I don't want to have any preconceived ideas of who they are and what they will enjoy.  I don't want to imagine our son will be a football star or our daughter a ballet dancer (just examples).  They may hate those things!  I want them to be just them, the little miracle that they are.

 Any names picked out?  Not really.  I mean, there are names we both like, but we have not decided on anything or really sat down and talked about it.

Anything else?  I need maternity clothes!!  I want to go get some second hand, to save money, but I don't know where any second hand maternity or mommy/child stores are.  I googled it, but nothing came up.  My wardrobe has gotten really limited over the last two weeks.


 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment