![]() |
| 27 Weeks |
![]() |
| Better Side Profile |
How Are you Feeling? Overall, good. Sleeping has been not as restful. Before I was able to sleep as much as I needed and now I wake up at lease once during the night and I have trouble falling back to sleep. The baby is very active in the early morning as well, so if I wake up, I feel the baby using me as a trampoline and it is hard to fall back to sleep. I had to move to the recliner to sleep last night, my brain was just going crazy and I couldn't get comfortable.
I'm also noticing that I am getting tired quicker again. Monday I was really sick for some reason and I had to lay down in the afternoon. It was like the first trimester all over again except with more muscle aches. Not sure what that was about, but I felt better after the nap. I also had a night of upper back pain one night, in between my shoulder blades which was really uncomfortable. My dreams are still crazy. My dream the other night was that we had our baby, and it was a boy, but it was more like a toddler and could talk already. We couldn't decide what to name him. :-)
Cravings/Aversions? Cravings, steak, corn on the cob, and Chinese Food. The cake craving has mysteriously disappeared. Aversion to hummus, not sure why.
How Big is Peanut? Peanut is now 14.5-15.5 inches long and weighs 2 lbs or more. Peanut's taste buds are all developed and he/she actually has more taste buds now then at birth. He/she can taste the food flavors in the amniotic fluid, so I should probably start eating really healthy so this kiddo loves salad.
Milestones? Besides it being the start of my third trimester (possibly :-), the baby is now measured from head to toe, instead of the curled up fetal position. Although I have been including the head to toe length for awhile because one app gives me both. We also registered this week at Target and Babies R Us. It was crazy and slightly overwhelming to reach the point where we realized that we will need to start prepping for our baby.
Interesting Notes? I got my first prenatal massage this week, it was wonderful, I can't wait to get another. We decided it was time for Michael to actually know more about labor and delivery, since we are starting classes next week. I haven't made him read anything yet so far, so he has been reading sections of my pregnancy books.
Anything Else? I had heartburn this week after eating some mexican food for lunch. It wasn't even very spicy. I'm not excited about that little pregnancy symptom. I've never had heartburn before so it took a little bit for me to figure out what it was.


No comments:
Post a Comment