Michael and I had a great weekend! Just enough relaxing with an adventure mixed in.
Saturday morning I went to a local farmers market and brought home bags full of tomatoes, sweet corn, onions, cantaloupes, and peaches. Everything has been delicious. I bought some of the peaches specifically to make a homemade peach cobbler. So Saturday night we had an epic meal with some of our farmers market goodies and fresh peach cobbler with ice cream, ahh-mazing! :-)
| Sorry, it's blurry, Iphone photo |
Sunday, Michael woke up early and went for a 40 mile bike ride. Silly boy. I stayed in bed, building a baby. After he got back, we ate breakfast and went to church. I tried my hand at making a delicious brunch while he was gone and I will post the recipe for the quiche I made. It was delicious!
After church we picked out a hike to do. Sunday seems to be our hiking day, and I love that! We decided to do a hike that our neighbors told us about that hikes up to some natural hot springs you can get in. The trail is about 2.5 miles each way, but it is an easy trail. I had no issues.
You get to hike along a creek the whole way. And you can smell when you are getting close to the hot springs. Whew, sulfur! They had made pools off the creek and they were varying temperatures. Of course I just soaked my feet as to not cook Peanut.
| there were even more springs up and down the river |
Way fun hike, if anyone wants to come and visit, I will take you here for sure. There were also a bunch of kids up there whose parents carried them up and they were just splashing around. Several of the pools are just bathwater warm, so it is perfect for kiddos. I definitely want to go back and fully immerse myself in the springs. I read that the hike is a great snowshoe hike in the winter, and the pools stay warm all year round. But we'll see if that happens. We will have a little Peanut on our hands then, and I'm not sure he/she would appreciate a hike in the snow.


No comments:
Post a Comment