Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Magic Mini Quiche

I really wanted to share the recipe for the quiche I used, it turned out so well!  They are called magic quiche because you do not have to make a crust, it makes its own thin crust.  Which is great, because pie dough is one baking item I am not good at!  This is not my photo, thank you Google, but they did look like this!  

www.eatingwell.com

Magic Mini Quiche

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1.25 Cups milk or cream
  • 1/3 Cup whole wheat flour
  • salt and pepper
  • optional veggies, meats,cheese, etc

Instructions:

  1. Grease four mini ramekins and heat oven to 350 F.  
  2. Layer your meats and cheese in the ramekins.  You don't need much since they are so small.  I used sausage, peppers, mushrooms, onions and the feta cheese (you do not need much feta since it has a stronger flavor)
  3. Beat your eggs with the milk, cream (or half and half), flour, salt and pepper.  
  4. Pour over your meat and veggies in your ramekins until the lip curves, stop before the curve or they cook over and get your oven dirty (not that I would know...)
  5. Bake for 35-45 min or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.  
  6. Let cool before eating.

Notes:  

You can use any veggies, meat or cheese you want!  I think swiss and mushroom would be good, or spinach and feta, or cheddar and peppers.  Endless possibilities.  You can also make this gluten free by cutting out the flour and cutting back on the milk/cream.  Great special weekend breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment