This week, Michael had a semi-formal dinner event at a house in Park City. The host was the owner of one of his distributors. Michael's boss let us get a hotel room up there after the dinner since Michael had to be back up there at 7am for a golf tournament.
I wore a new dress I got this week. :-) And thankfully I look pregnant now, so there was no guessing on the other guests part. Now that would have been awkward.
It is always a little awkward going to these things because I don't know anybody at all, just Michael. So sometimes it is hard to find conversation because I am not in sales or tools. We usually talk about what they do and then go from there. And can I say something? Not to be mean, but it bothered me. Not one person asked me what I do. Not one. I guess that is a cultural thing here because so many women stay home with their kids, not that this is a bad thing. It looks like I will be a stay at home mom, but that never happened to me in Denver. Mike would introduce me and we'd all chat and then the person would ask what I do. I just think it is sad and interesting that 1) people think being a stay at home mom is not worth talking about or even asking about and 2) they automatically assume that because I am a women and I am pregnant, I do not have a job or a title outside of home. But it was still fun. And the area was so pretty and the weather was perfect!
We couldn't find our hotel at first. Michael knew it was a Hilton Hotel, but they all have different names. They aren't called "the Hilton", it is Sunrise Lodge, or Grand Summit. He could not remember the name of the hotel, so we ended up at the wrong one before we found the right one. Our hotel was right at the base of Canyon's resort, which is ski in/ski out, so the lift was right there. The room had a little porch, which we sat looking at the mountains. It was actually chilly and we had to move inside, neither one of us thinking to bring coats since it is always in the 90s down in Salt Lake.
We had to get up really before six to get Michael fed (well, mostly me fed :-) and to the course by 7am, the golf course was about a 1/2 hour away. It was amazing to sip coffee (decaf! :-) and eat my breakfast bagel in the chilly morning air. It would have been neater if there was a sunrise, but some clouds had to be burned off first. It was a fun little getaway for the two of us, even if it was only for a night. We keep getting told that we need to do a all the getaways we can before this baby is born.


No comments:
Post a Comment