![]() |
| 38 Weeks |
How are you feeling? Tired. I definitely don't have a ton of energy to hike or go for walks. I have been making myself do these things because I feel so much better after I do, but I'm not motivated anymore. We had a crazy week with Michael's work and I wanted to help him so I was getting up with him and it just wore me out. I need more than 8 hrs in the bed because I am up several times and then have to fall back to sleep, so for every 8 hrs he sleeps, I think I really only sleep around 6.5 hrs. Last night I was up for over an hour and I was hungry! I had to get up and go eat some leftover scrambled eggs and go back to bed. That was s first for me.
I officially cannot get up when I sit down, my ab muscles are no more. I have to pull myself out or have Michael give me hand unless I want to roll myself out of wherever I am. I felt more braxton hicks this week, but I am still not noticing it very much.
Midwife Appointment? The midwife and I kind of had a little scare. As she was looking for the heartbeat and feeling around for Peanut's head, I could tell she was having issues. She spent about 15 minutes prodding me and moving the doppler around my belly. Usually she puts the doppler low and can hear the heartbeat really good. But she was couldn't get a good reading down low! She was concerned the baby had flipped! We spent another 10 minutes messing with the baby from outside my belly and then doing an internal, where she did verify that the baby is indeed, still head down. Whew! But guess what her answer was to why she had trouble? "I think you have a big baby" Uh-oh!
In other news. I am still 1 cm dilated and now 70% effaced. My belly finally grew a little this week though. I am measuring a 36 (even though I am 38 weeks pregnant). This is not a concern and I have talked to several moms who said they always measured small and were still on-time or even delivered early. So that really has nothing to do with if I will go late or not.
How big is baby? Umm, no idea, but my midwife seems to think he/she is on the larger side, which is a scary thought. According to my pregnancy books and apps, the baby could be anywhere from 5.5lbs to 7lbs and could be 18-21 inches long. Her/his brain and lungs is still maturing, but he/she could be born right now and be completely fine.
Weight Gain? I didn't gain any weight in the last two weeks! I was shocked! So still sitting at a gain of around 30lbs. So what did I do when I found that out? Went to In and Out burger for a cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate shake. :-)
Cravings/Aversions? Umm, not really. Cake sounds good, Chinese food sounds good. Salads still don't sound great but I could force myself to eat one.
Milestones? We bought the last of the baby stuff we "needed" last weekend. There are a couple things I would like to get, but we don't 100% need them for when the baby comes. At some point I think I will need a changing pad for the table I got, but like I said, not a direct need right now. The car seat has been installed and our hospital bags are somewhat packed. I also received my free breast pump through insurance in the mail. Because of the Affordable Care Act, breast feeding is considered preventative care or something so if you choose to breastfeed, you can get a pump for free, you just have to talk to your insurance. So all you pregnant ladies out there, you can get one for free as well!! It is actually a little scary to look at because I have no idea really how to use the breast pump. I think that experience is going to be interesting...:-)
Interesting Notes? I'm not ready. All of a sudden this week I kind of freaked out that I only had two weeks until my due date and that the baby could come anytime. I just don't feel ready anymore. So funny since just last week I couldn't wait for the baby to get here! Gotta love pregnancy mood swings!

No comments:
Post a Comment