Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Fall Weekend Update

Hey!  I finally have a post that includes something other than pregnancy updates!  This past weekend I was able to go to a football game with Michael for his work.  He had a sales contest for his distributors and the winners got to tailgate and attend a Utah Utes game.  Normally I wouldn't get to go, but he had some guys back out last minute, so there was an open ticket for me. 

We got to the University of Utah around 9am to set up for tailgating for the 2pm game.  It was a perfect tailgating spot.  We grilled burgers and even used my little crock-pot with an inverter to make some rotel cheese dip, which for some reason was ah-mazing.  That must be due to pregnancy.  :-)  

It was a little bit of a walk to the game, but it was such a gorgeous day, that we didn't mind.  It was definitely tough walking back to the truck though!  It was all uphill and this pregnant lady is really starting to feel it. 


Unfortunately the Utes lost, but we had fun.  It was pretty hard for me to sit on bleachers for several hours.  We had to leave at the beginning of the fourth quarter because my lower back was not enjoying those bleachers. 

38 Weeks, Utah Utes Game



They let balloons go at half time, can you see the big mass of balloons above the flag?
On the way home, we saw a beautiful sunset!  It was a pretty great Saturday.  



Sunday we went to church and then I let Michael go for a bike ride.  I tried to go for a hike while he biked, but alas, no more hiking for me.  Just too difficult.  But I am happy that was able to hike as long as I did!

I am starting to get all the questions like "Aren't you so ready to have that baby? It could happen any day now", "I was dying at this point, aren't these last weeks terrible?", "Do you have your bags packed and ready?"  "Are you guys ready to have that baby?"

And my answer is yes, and no.  We are excited to meet our son or daughter, but we are not crazed by the fact we have to wait.  I did not expect to feel this way at this point.  I expected the anticipation of having this baby to be unbearable and that I would just be so ready.  I am excited, but also content to just let this baby come whenever it wants.  I am not feeling terrible.  I still feel really good and honestly, I have enjoyed being pregnant.

One of the ladies at the tailgate was shocked I was there because her son was two weeks early, so she already had a baby at that point.  And that is weird for me to think about!  I just don't feel like my body is ready to have the baby yet.  But I could be wrong!  Friday marks 39 weeks.  Thanks for walking in this journey with us!  I appreciate your prayers for a quick, safe labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment