Monday, November 25, 2013

Labor-Less Weekend

Well, hey there everybody!  Surprised to see me still preggo?  I have so many people waiting and standing by for Peanut to get here, but he/she just must not be quite ready yet.  

This weekend after my due date Michael and I tried several things to get labor going.  Friday night we went to the pool and I was able to swim around, it was glorious!  For my second child I am definitely getting a pool membership.  I was able to get some great exercise, but there was absolutely no pressure on my body anywhere.  I didn't even realize how much pressure I was feeling until it wasn't there anymore.  

Saturday morning we cut up a pineapple and I ate on that all weekend.  They say there is something about pineapple that will help you go into labor.  I don't really believe it, but I love fresh pineapple so I was willing to make the sacrifice and try it out.  :-)  Then I went to yoga, also hoping to induce labor there.  No luck.  But I love my prenatal yoga class and it was nice to have something to do Saturday morning.  My belly really gets in the way on a lot of poses though.  We pregnant ladies must look so silly doing yoga. 

Saturday afternoon we relaxed.  I got some more crafty type stuff done and Michael worked a little.  Then we went for walk outside.  After our walk we realized we were really bored in the house so we ate some dinner and then went to walk around the mall because it was dark outside and I wanted to get more walking in.  The mall walking may have ended in ice cream, which tasted great (mmm, oreo fudge!).  But alas, this didn't bring Peanut any closer to coming out. 

Sunday we went to church, and then went to REI to try on child backpacks.  We knew we wanted one for next spring for some hiking expeditions, but we wanted to see what was out there and try some on.  They are sooo expensive!  The one we really liked was $250!  So we got the bright idea to look online at used ones (on a site like craigslist, but not craigslist) and were able to find one for only $50.  Here is Michael modeling it for you.



We are set for some hiking next spring!  Sunday afternoon/evening I walked a ton more.  I walked over three miles and Peanut still refused to budge.  :-)  This is a stubborn one folks, just like his/her daddy. 

Michael and I are having such a tough time waiting!  But we started planning stuff this week in hopes of having to cancel because we are having a baby, weird, right?  Thankfully I can still work, so I am not just sitting around gauging every braxton hicks I get.  I have been feeling a lot more of them lately.  Not sure if that is because I am more aware of them because I am expecting labor to begin, or if they are getting more frequent and stronger. 

Well, that was our weekend.  Hopefully our son or daughter will choose to make his/her appearance this week.  With Thanksgiving coming up I can't help but feel we may be in the hospital over the holiday, but I guess that would make this Thanksgiving very special.  God is in control and when it is time and the baby is ready, he/she will be born.  Sometimes it is so hard to wait on God, or for anything, but if it is one thing pregnancy has taught me, it is to "be still and know that He is God."  

Courtesy of Paper Coterie

No comments:

Post a Comment