How are you feeling? Anxious, nervous, excited, giddy, so many emotions. Michael and I are so ready to meet this little one! We can't wait to announce the birth of our son or daughter.
I am still feeling pretty good. Walking around and being on my feet for long periods has gotten tough. I want to work out, but my body doesn't like too much activity right now, it is just uncomfortable. I did do a little strength training yesterday and I felt pretty good, I just really have to take it easy. Michael and I do plan on taking a ton of walks this weekend, going to the pool to swim (my midwife suggested this), and trying some other inductions methods to get this baby to come. I'm a little worried about going too late. It just seems like my body is a little bit behind where I need to be. I am noticing more braxton hicks, but not overly so, and I don't really have any of the other pre-labor symptoms. I know that the longer this baby stays in, the stronger and healthier it is though, so I will wait on God and my baby, they seem to know what's best.
My maternity clothes don't really fit anymore. Most of shirts don't completely cover my belly. It has been cold here and I really only have one maternity long sleeve so I have been wearing a lot of my old cover ups and sweaters lately over my maternity tanks and tees from this summer. It works!
I am still feeling pretty good. Walking around and being on my feet for long periods has gotten tough. I want to work out, but my body doesn't like too much activity right now, it is just uncomfortable. I did do a little strength training yesterday and I felt pretty good, I just really have to take it easy. Michael and I do plan on taking a ton of walks this weekend, going to the pool to swim (my midwife suggested this), and trying some other inductions methods to get this baby to come. I'm a little worried about going too late. It just seems like my body is a little bit behind where I need to be. I am noticing more braxton hicks, but not overly so, and I don't really have any of the other pre-labor symptoms. I know that the longer this baby stays in, the stronger and healthier it is though, so I will wait on God and my baby, they seem to know what's best.
My maternity clothes don't really fit anymore. Most of shirts don't completely cover my belly. It has been cold here and I really only have one maternity long sleeve so I have been wearing a lot of my old cover ups and sweaters lately over my maternity tanks and tees from this summer. It works!
Appointment Update? I had an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday when I was 39 weeks, 4 days. I was 1.5 cm dilated and over 80% effaced. The evening primrose oil worked wonders. I went from being very firm, to being very soft in one week. So all you pregnant ladies, ask your midwives and doctors about this! My belly is measuring at 37 when I was 39 1/2 weeks so still a little behind, but the baby has dropped so this is probably why I'm still measuring a little small. All signs point to me being well on my way to having a baby, although my midwife has let me know that they are not very comfortable with me going past 41 weeks. She feels it is better to be induced right after 41 weeks then to wait until 42 and run the risk of my placenta beginning to break down. We noticed a little swelling in my feet for the first time at the appointment.
Weight Gain? Another pound, so 32 lbs gained so far in this pregnancy. Hopefully that was the last one!
How big is Peanut? Anywhere from 7-9 lbs and 19-22 inches long! He/she is completely developed and is just getting fat in there. That and growing their hair and nails longer.
Milestones? Umm, it's my due date. Pretty huge milestone. :-) I spent some time this morning thinking back to my first ultrasound to date this pregnancy, and how they announced that my due date was today. That seemed so long ago! And now here we are, although it felt like we would never get to this point.
Interesting Notes? I was told by the checker at Walmart this week that I was having a girl. She was the first random person to say that to me. Remember my TSA office story from 14 weeks (linked), he thought it was a boy. That is definitely the gender guess I get most often.
Just for fun, here is a flashback for you all! Me at 16 weeks and now. How time has flown and Peanut has grown (not rhyming on purpose!).
Just for fun, here is a flashback for you all! Me at 16 weeks and now. How time has flown and Peanut has grown (not rhyming on purpose!).



No comments:
Post a Comment