Whew, I don't know how to explain it, but time just goes so slow, yet flies by at the same time. Carson is now 3.5 weeks old and it seems like he has been here forever! Our days are filled with naps, diaper changes, and feedings. We are still pretty sleep deprived, or at least I am. I have been trying to let Michael sleep through the night since he has to work during the day. This kid has a 6th sense though, whenever I lay down to take a nap, he wakes up. It is fail proof. Which means a very, very tired mommy.
![]() |
| All bundled up for the trip to the Doctor |
At Carson's last pediatrician appointment he was at 9 lbs 2 oz, which was half a pound gained in a week! The doctor only had positive things to say about all of Carson's development. His exact words were "whatever you are doing, keep doing it, because he is doing great!" Which was good to hear, because as any of you mom's remember being a first time mom, having a newborn is very nerve-wracking and you don't really know if you are actually doing anything right or not.
He overall is a pretty good baby. He is a little fussy. He gets pretty bad gas and some of the reflux every now and then. We aren't sure if it is something I am eating or if it is just the fact he is only 3.5 weeks old and his digestive system is still maturing. He also just likes to be moving. He does not like to sit or lay still at all! I have to constantly be changing things.
Michael helps out as much as possible. When he has the time or a chance, he takes Carson in the morning or evening so I can try to catch another hour of sleep. He has been carrying Carson around in the front pack lately when I need a break, since Carson always needs to be moving.
My boys. :-)
Carson was so content when I was carrying him around in the Moby wrap last week.
Our little Christmas tree. Can't believe Christmas is almost here!
So cute, I love this outfit his Grandma and Grandpa got him. He has a bear on his cute little butt!
He is so strong already! The doctor told me I could start doing some tummy time with him and he can already roll from his tummy back to his back! But I think that is more due to the fact he can raise his big head high up and then the weight of his head just pulls him over. :-)
Overall, life with Carson is great. We love him so much. It is so hard though for both of us to sit at home all day with him. We wish we could take him more places or do a few more things, but he is just too little and we don't want to risk him picking up any kind of sickness anywhere. But we know he is going to grow up quick and soon enough he will be waving goodbye at his first day of school all on his own, so we are trying to enjoy all the time at home with him as much as possible.









No comments:
Post a Comment