Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Update 2/19/13

My sister is almost here!  I am so excited she finally gets to come visit her nephew!

I will probably not post for awhile since she is here, but I thought I would update you all on what has been happening here.

Well, not a whole lot.  Carson has had a very stuffy nose so he has not been sleepy great, which means mommy doesn't sleep great either.  So ready for a nap...

His tummy doesn't really seem to be getting any better at this point either.  I reached out into the universe over the world wide web (really a breastfeeding support group on facebook) and many ladies who have had similar allergy issues with their little ones replied that sometimes these things take time to clear.  So I am going to keep on being dairy, gluten, beef, soy, eggs, and nut free until we get things figured out.

When I have told people what I am doing, their first response is usually, "well, what do you eat?"  Good question.  I actually eat a lot of food!  I haven't really felt deprived all week.  Michael and I cooked up such a huge spread for me that I have had a ton of variety of real food.  Here is what I have been eating this week.

-Spaghetti sauce with brown rice noodles and sausage
-Sauteed kale with bacon and mushrooms
-Steamed cauliflower and broccoli
-Baked chicken thighs
-Turkey burgers (with lettuce as a bun and bacon on top!)
-Sweet potatoes
-Acorn squash
-Spaghetti squash
-Baked potatoes
-Sausage, kale, and potato skillets
-Gluten, dairy, egg free banana pancakes with sunflower seed butter
-Gluten free hot cereal with rice milk
-Chicken and apple sausage links
-Raw Fruits/Veggies
-Green smoothies using rice milk
-Kettle potato chips
-Corn chips and salsa
-Rice chex with rice milk

See!  I haven't been in want for tasty food.  It took about 2 hrs (including all the baking time) to make all this stuff on Saturday, but I have more than enough eats for a week.  This is such a healthy way to eat too!  It has made me realize that maybe I should start getting in the habit of cooking on the weekends for the week. If you want recipes for anything, let me know.  Hopefully next time I post an update on Carson's tummy, we will have things all better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment