Friday, June 20, 2014

A Litte Bit of Funk

Or a lotta bit of Funk, if you want to make a play on Carson's size. :-)  Things have been good here.  I feel like it is same old, same old.  Carson was doing so great napping and sleeping for awhile, now he is back to struggling again. :-( and momma is tired.   Oh well.  His eczema has just been so bad, I'm positive this is what is affecting his sleep.  We have creams and such, but we are not supposed to use them everyday. So some days he is way more itchy than others. 

Mike has been super busy lately.  He was such a social butterfly this last week :-) Carson and I had a lot of mommy-son nights. 

So sleepy
On Monday night we had a little dinner with friends, I feel like this didn't help his napping issue because he stayed up so late, but it was good to see everyone.  Carson is as big as our friend's daughter P, who is 4 months older than Carson!!  She is standing up in the pic in the corner, they are literally the same size.



Carson's nanny really is great.  She bought Carson some stacking cups and he LOVES them!!



Even though Carson doesn't sleep great, we still have some semblance of normal, which is nice.  And I've stopped comparing my life to others' lives, and this has helped.  Our family is unique and we need to find what works for us.  And Carson is not "other babies" he is Carson.





We've been slacking on the food front.  All of sudden, Carson is not really into food anymore.  Here he is trying avocados.





He likes them mixed in with things, but not by themselves!

In a last attempt to see if any of his issues could possibly still be diet related, I have started a very strict elimination diet.  We'll see how that goes.  I might post more on this later because I feel like all these things with Carson have really changed me.  They have definitely changed how I look at food and the place food has in my life.  I really just want my sweet boy to get better.  I would appreciate some prayers for us in how to deal with this eczema.  His face thankfully is not getting the brunt of it, but his chest, arms, and legs are very bad, along with his scalp. He scratches his body until it bleeds and it makes this momma just cry because I don't know how to help him.  The doctor says He is just sensitive but may have more allergies, hence the elimination, or it could be environmental type allergies.  We just don't know.  Hopefully maybe we will figure it out soon.  I just miss my sweet happy boy because when he gets uncomfortable like this, he gets very, very fussy.

Second note, Mike and I are coming up on 5 years!  What!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment