| 18 Weeks Baby 2,0 |
![]() |
| 18 Weeks Carson |
Pretty similar...I look a little bit bigger this time...
How far along? 18 weeks
How are you feeling? Good, we finished up traveling the week before and that exhausted me. I didn't sleep well this week for some reason so hopefully I will get that figured out. But I still seemed to have energy! I got Carson's room painted and started on some other fun projects I had been meaning to work on.
Weight Gain? Don't know for sure, but I have been feeling much larger lately, and my other pants I had been wearing with a belly band or rubber band are tight everywhere, not just in the belly so I think I'm starting to put on some pounds.
Food Cravings/Aversions? Nothing super strong. It has been cold here so salads and cold food don't sound as good. Still loving potato chips. I did have a cake an icing craving (I remember having this with Carson too!) so I made some gluten free, vegan, lemon cake with vanilla icing this past week and called it Mike's birthday cake, although really it was for me...
What's up with baby? Baby is putting on fat and practicing sucking and breathing. It can also hear me and has its finger prints already! I have been feeling little flutters again, but not a ton of movement all of a sudden. It really worried me because there was one day a couple weeks ago I felt the baby like crazy, but then haven't really felt it since. A friend of mine made me feel better because she reminded me the baby still has a ton of room in there, it is only 5 inches long and weighs 5 oz so it has to be oriented just right for me to feel it. Hopefully she is right, lol. :-)
Interesting notes? My friend Kristen is three weeks ahead of me and she is having a girl!! So excited for her. It has made me really wonder what we are having. Most people think it is another boy, but a couple people have said girls. When we were in Hawaii, an old man on the beach told me I was having a boy, then about 2 minutes later he stopped me again and said he was wrong and it was a girl, lol. I don't know why I seem to have strange people stopping to tell me the gender of my baby. I had this with Carson as well.
This pregnancy is definitely different than with Carson, but I think a lot of it is mental too. I am a little more worried and stressed this pregnancy, especially since we know I have active Hashimotos now and Carson has such severe allergies. I worry about anything I do, eat, or apply to my body and wonder if it will hurt the baby or cause them to also have issues as well. I know it is ultimately out of my control, but I am kind of a control freak, so this is hard for me. I'm definitely not sleeping as well and am more tired with this baby. I don't know if that is pregnancy related or thyroid related since I am still fairly new to all these meds. They take months to stabilize in your system.

No comments:
Post a Comment